Anja’s 2016 Must Read Recommendations
2016 has been a roller coaster of a year for me. I had quite a few changes happening with finishing grad school, finding a job, moving to the UK, dealing with the stress of a fast-paced work environment after years or being a student was quite the adjustment. Which can, I believe, be seen in my list for this years Top 10 (or more) books.
I was drawn to angsty and heartbreaking books that — were able to draw me completely into their world and not let go. Each and every one of these books on my — list is absolutely stellar in their own right–from devastating, to angst-filled, to funny and steamy hot (looking at you here, Rachel) — and all of these books have given me what I needed at the time. Which means I’ll forever treasure them. (And reread, and reread, and reread…)
The following books are the ones I have been raving about constantly to everyone (sorry, girls) and will keep recommending until everyone I know has read them.
Therefore, I thank each author on this list for giving me something I needed. Y’all are absolutely amazing! Keep doing what you’re doing. We will forever appreciate you and your hard work.
- How to Save a Life by Emma Scott
- Painted Faces by LH Cosway
- Full Tilt & All In by Emma Scott
- Burn Down the Night by Molly O’Keefe
- The Dom Games by Rachel Robinson
- Midnight Soul by Kristen Ashley
- Slave to the Rhythm by Jane Harvey-Berrick
- Deep Blue Eternity by Natasha Boyd
- The Prince & The Player by Tia Louise
- The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata
Cyndi’s Must Read Recommendations
In 2016, my book world grew immensely primarily due to my blog mates. Loredana and I were fortunate to meet in person when we attended Authors in the City in Orlando in March. Meeting Anja and Paula requires a trip overseas, and I think I’m up for that.
I shared my passion for Kristen Ashley’s books with old and new friends (including my niece ) at Rock Chick Rendezvous in Denver in June. That was followed by an amazing experience at the Mile High Authors event in Denver in September. I was very fortunate to spend some quality time getting to know a few authors personally.
My blog mates and I also shared our love of books by participating in quiet a few #BestiesBuddyReads and posted #BuddyReadReviews that were as much fun to create together as the actual reading experience. It’s hard to chose just 10 Top reads but thankfully my blog mates chose books for their list that were also on my #MustReadRecommendations list. There are also at least a 100 more books on my TBR that I didn’t get to this year. I know I’m blessed to have this as a problem.
Without further a do, here are my 5++ star recommendations for books that I read in 2016.
- Someone Like You by Lauren Layne
- Tru Blue by Melissa Foster
- Steadfast by Sarina Bowen
- Results May Vary by Bethany Chase
- Marriage Games by CD Reiss
- Endless Love Letter by Callie Anderson
- Faded Perfection by Cassandra Giovanni
- Black Swan Affair by KL Kreig
- Bounty by Kristen Ashley
- Fearless by Lauren Gilley
Loredana’s Must Read Recommendations
This list was super hard to come up with because there were some truly amazing books written and choosing just a few was quite the task. It was a year of crawling into pages with my favorite authors, discovering new ones, and getting my heart broken along the way.
So, I guess I got the best of both worlds. Taking a chance on a new author is always a risk because you certainly don’t want to waste precious hours on writing you don’t like. However, without the risk, there is no reward. The rewards were big this year. So my take away is to jump into new waters while also sticking with your old faithfuls.
The books listed below made me weep, cringe, laugh, and fist pump in joy. I certainly hope you’ll pick up a few, if not all, and rejoice with me. To all of the authors listed (and those I didn’t include but reviewed this year), THANK YOU for sharing the pages of your soul. May 2017 be awesome and I’ll be visiting you again soon.
All the love & words, L
- A Love Letter To Whiskey by Kandi Steiner
- Wasted Words by Staci Hart
- A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole
- Corrupt by Penelope Douglas
- Torn by Carian Cole
- Fractures in Ink by Helena Hunting
- The Silent Waters by Brittainy Cherry
- How to Date a Douchebag by Sara Ney
- No Trespassing by KD Robichaux
- Dear Heart, I Hate You by J. Sterling
Paula’s Must Read Recommendations
- All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood
- In the Hope of Memories by Olivia Rivers
- The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner
- Transcendence by Shay Savage
- If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch
- A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole
- The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis
- The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
- Premeditated by Josin L. McQuein
- Hate List by Jennifer Brown